Saturday, August 22, 2009

Fragile Bridge

Mom and I headed down to Tacoma (an underappreciated city if I ever saw one) to the Tacoma Museum of Glass, which has a large number of permanent exhibitions by Dale Chihuly. I think the coolest parts of the museum are outside (and therefore free) so we just kind of wandered around outside for a while.
The Bridge of Glass is a bridge that is lined with three different art installations by Dale Chihuly, and they are amazing. On a sunny day, they almost dazzle you as they sparkle in the sun. The above picture is from the overhead installation and the two pictures below are from the side installation. On the grounds of the museum are several reflecting pools...some empty, one with murrelets (ducks?) and one that represents water - ironic, but true. the picture below was taken through the lens of my sunglasses. Cheers...

2 comments:

Melissa B. said...

WOW...Superior Snaps, for sure! Some day I'm gonna have to get out your way. I've been to PDX, but never to Seattle & environs...

Bethany said...

Awesome shots! I especially love the last one!