One of my favorite teacher bloggers, The Scholastic Scribe, gave me my very first blog award! This is even more cool because it is from someone who is famous in blogland and is on tap for the Best Individual Edublog this year! I love reading the Scholastic Scribe because her experiences at Our Humble High School are eerily parallel to my own experiences at an Urban School in Dallas. Some of my favorite posts are:
Ms. Scribe makes me wish I had taken Journalism in high school, and the header on her blog sends me into hysterics at any given moment.
So thanks, Madam Scribbler, and my fondest regards right back at ya!
And according to the spirit of the thing....in super secret Ninja Style...
* Kori at Between a Whisper and a Roar....This incredible woman is on my mind a lot. She's going through a lot right now and has such unbelievable strength. Every time I read her blog I am encouraged and blessed by what she has to say.
* John Deere Mom....as a teacher, she often echoes what I am going through. And I also despise cleaning the litterbox and grading papers. And she has the cutest kids ever! Check out those cheeks!
* Finding Normal...this woman is not only a teacher, she has a special needs child who will STEAL YOUR HEART immediately. She is a fighter and a ninja mommy and still has time to make really cute jewelry!
* Julie at Keeping Up with the Chreste's...I know this fabu chica IRL and she is seriously Wonder Woman. As in, I wonder how she manages to do everything she does in the space of one day! She is funny, creative, and from personal experience I know she's a great teacher!
* Mrs. Magpie at the Magpie Files....one of my favorite writers online or off! Her style is poetic prose and I love reading about what she has been up to. It makes me think that all of England consists of tea and crumpets and beautifully decayed architecture.