Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Malaise and Apathy

I have often accused my kids of being apathetic and uncaring, but for the last couple of weeks, I have been the same myself. I find myself unexcited about school and completely apathetic about teaching. What bothers me is that I don't really know why I feel this way. I don't have any major problems with the kids, I love working with my coteacher, I have incredible coworkers, a great school, and so on, but for some reason I am really apathetic this year. I am not alone in this, a couple of other teachers have commented on this feeling in themselves this year, but it still bothers me. I think I did figure out a couple of reasons today... my first period is pretty rough and I kind of dread it a little, and I haven't been sleeping very well. But this is unusual for me to not be excited about school and I don't like the feeling very well. Hopefully things improve soon...


In other news...I saw this today and tried again to get a picture....

No comments: