Friday, August 15, 2008

Flutterby the Butterfly

Another of my friends came to visit me today, she came up on the train and we went up to Seattle from there. We rode the bus, and I would like to state that the Metro Transit website is lying when they claim that the bus stop is a tenth of a mile from the train station, it was half a mile away....more on that later. Anyway, I took her to lunch at a Mediterranean restaurant just off of Pioneer Square and then we walked up to Westlake and took the monorail to the Seattle Center. We went to the Pacific Science Center and then back and took the train back to Tukwila. Unfortunately, I am still figuring out the bus system, and we accidentally got off too early and ended up having to walk 2.5 miles back to the car. Oops. After that and all the walking we did during the day, we felt that we deserved ice cream for dinner, so we had that and a gallon of water. =)
C with her Greek food...mmmmmm.....she had lamb and I had chicken. It was GOOD.
The Space Needle was pretty against the blue sky, but it was packed full, so we did not go to the top. Also, it was about 90 degrees, and we just wanted to be inside with air conditioning.
The Pacific Science Center is very distinctive and surrounded by water that you can play in. For some mysterious reason, some of the water is currently dyed neon green.

One of the exhibits was a butterfly exhibit, we spent a long time in there and I actually got some kind of cool pictures.

I know this picture is blurry, but this particular butterfly looks exactly like a snake! See it on the right of the picture?


I love that you can see the curled tongues in these pictures!

C sitting on a chair that was made exactly 2 times the normal size. She's pretty tiny anyway...and this makes her look even tinier.
Probably the only picture of me you will see on this blog. Ever. Look, I'm short and fat. =)
After the PSC, we went to the International Fountain. It was cooling off by then, but there were still lots and lots of people playing in the water.

More tomorrow.....

No comments: