Monday, November 22, 2010

Snow Day

When snow falls......

Teachers think
Please, no snow day! If I have a snow day it will throw off my whole unit, plus the kids will of course assume that a snow day means that anything we have scheduled for that day just will magically disappear into the stratosphere. A test scheduled for a snow day? Students will (and have) tell me that they thought we wouldn't have it since there was snow. And by the way, if we have a snow day, that means that we will not have a four day weekend in May when I am desperately going to need it. So no, please no snow day!

Kids think
AAH I SAW A FLAKE! I SAW A FLAKE! WHY HAVEN'T THEY LET US OUT OF SCHOOL YET? MISS CAN WE HAVE CLASS OUTSIDE? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! OMG IT'S SNOWING! WE'RE PROBABLY NOT GOING TO HAVE SCHOOL TOMORROW SO I'M GOING TO DRIVE MY TEACHER LITERALLY CRAZY BY BEHAVING LIKE A TOTAL MORON AS LOUDLY AS POSSIBLE.

Total snowfall so far? an INCH.

1 comment:

james boutin said...

Ha - I think I'm a kid...