Sunday, November 8, 2009

Babies and Tears (2)

The girl from the last post, whom I shall call Samantha, came by the next day and told me that she heard from someone, who heard from someone else, etc, that the Boy asked someone to push her down the stairs to try and get her to miscarry. I told her in no uncertain terms that if he did anything to her that caused the baby to die, he could be charged with murder. She told him, and of course, he got mad, but maybe it will cause him to think twice before he does something stupid and irreversible.

I think that one of the things that makes me so mad about this entire situation (aside from the obvious) is the fact that one of my best and closest friends is struggling with infertility. It breaks my heart to know that she WANTS a baby so desperately, while kids who don't want babies get pregnant left and right. Then on Friday, the woman across the hall from me went to her first ultrasound and found out that her baby had died. It seems so unfair.

I know there is a reason for everything, but sometimes it's really hard to trust.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I have nothing profound to say, only that I am right there with you. It is definitely hard to trust sometimes! I look up and see a big mess of threads, but I think He looks down and sees each stitch.

Pseudo said...

I am hoping the girl turns the boy in. He needs help or he is going to end up controlling and abusive - if not to her then his next girlfriend/wife.

Margaret English said...

A colleague and friend recently had a miscarriage. This saddens me terribly and, as you say, it is maddening to hear stories such as the one you have included here.

Ronnica said...

You nailed it...it's so hard to see things that seem so unfair.