Wednesday, June 17, 2009

This is the Song that Never Ends....

So far, over the last two weeks, 4 of my kids have been suspended, which is fine except when it comes to coordinating final exams. Today I found out that one of the suspended ones will not be allowed to come back this year and she has her final project with her. This is, of course, the final project that wasn't supposed to go home at all, but I made an exception for her so she could work on it at home due to the suspension. That suspension was supposed to end yesterday, and has now been extended through the end of the year.

So....I called home to see if I could talk to her or her mother about how to handle this, and heard the following:

"Hello, you have reached (unintelligible) phone. Leave a message after the beep."

And then....a song.

A song that lasted 2 minutes.

At the end of the two minutes, the voice comes back on and says this priceless quote, which I may have to add to my own message,

"If this is a bill collector, just keep on walking."

And then more music for another 30 seconds, followed by

"If this is my mom, just keep calling back."

Followed by another 30 seconds or so of music, and then

"Leave a message."

And then, and ONLY then, did the message end and I was allowed to say my own piece. Of course, by this time, I was laughing, and had sent a few emails to my VP, and had nearly forgotten what the point of the call was. We'll see if she calls back.

3 comments:

Pseudo said...

I have lots of parents whose cell phone voice mail is a rap song....

carla said...

I'm chuckling. That is priceless.

Melissa B. said...

And the good news is...I'm done for the year. What about you? I think you should put "School's Out" by Alice Cooper on your answering machine, and play it in an endless loop. Deal?