Monday, August 4, 2008

Lake Frolicking

This weekend, S and I went to her sister L's cabin on Lake Couer d'Alene. It was lots of fun, very warm, and beautiful, but we didn't get home until 1 am and we are tired!! Also, I woke up this morning with a swollen top lip and a rash on my face and arms. This used to happen when I would come from college to my parents house where they had a well, and when they got a water filter (purifier?) it stopped, so I am thinking that I reacted to the lake water, possibly. ARGH. Oh well, it was worth it, I had a ton of fun and a bunch of sun!! And then....I came home. The Evil Cat (also known as Emma) was apparently angry at me and decided to make her derision clear my leaving a bunch of brown presents ON THE BAG I JUST SOLD that was waiting for shipment. Does anyone want a cat? She's free to whoever wants her. Not kidding. I am so mad at her today. Here are some pics from the weekend.....

the precipitous drop to the cabin entrance...we did this in the dark the first night, it's amazing we came away unscathed.


These are the 42 steps from the cabin to the deck. It is pretty steep around the lake, so there were something like 3o steps from the road where the car is parked to the cabin, then a total of 45 steps from the cabin to the deck, then another 15 steps (with no handrailing) to the dock. Combine that with the 15 mile bike ride we did on Saturday and my legs are SORE.



This is the view southeast of the cabin


Sunset west of the cabin as we were about to take a boat to dinner.




On our way out of town, we met L's grandma-in-law for dinner and one of our member (not me) ordered the large butterfinger sundae. Check out the size of the fork in comparison. It was HUGE!

No comments: