Thursday, July 10, 2008

Lazy Days


I am kind of enjoying my few days off between visits from friends and the class I start on Monday. Today I read about half of my second to last book for the class (it's really good, but I'll do a review later) and then met a girl who wanted me to make her a bag. She was fun. She is the kind of person that not only looks at someone's nametag, but also then uses their name when she talks to them. She seems like a very fun person to be around, so therefore she kind of freaked me out. Very energetic=very draining. She liked everything, but wanted me to make her a bag out of dragonfly fabric, and a lanyard as well, but wasn't sure what fabric she wanted to use or where to get it. We met at JoAnns and she found some purple fabric she wanted for the lanyard (and was super excited that it was only 45 cents for 1/8 yard) and she gave me an old curtain with dragonfly print and told me to make any bag I wanted to and she'd pay me for it. Since she had admired my purse (which I also made), I decided to make her a duplicate out of her fabric and I am pretty proud of how it turned out. I do NOT like the fabric, but most of the stuff I've made for other people is from fabric I do not like, so that's not a big deal. I made some changes to the pattern, including adding pockets on the inside, and now that I have a camera I can post pictures of the completed project. See more pics here...

No comments: