Tuesday, April 1, 2008

tantrums aren't any fun at 16

I have a girl in one of my classes who has some anger issues (I know, you're thinking, only one with issues?), and while we have a pretty decent relationship, every now and then we hit a bump. This week is spirit week, and today was pajama day (if you're guessing I wore pjs to school, you're right!! SO comfortable). I saw this girl walk into school (late) this morning and she was wearing sweats and a sweatshirt (which is what most of the kids wear on pajama day). However, by the time she got to third period, she was wearing a teal negligee and hooker heels with tiny shorts underneath. Of course, one of the boys made an inappropriate comment, and I was about to say something to her, but then the SRO came in and pulled her out into the hall, and must have said something, because when she came back in, she was MAD. She stomped back into class (I'm surprised she didn't trip over her stripper shoes) and crashed into her seat, muttering curses (mostly) under her breath the entire time, and huffed around for a while. I just ignored her, and eventually she cooled off. She must have been under orders to change her clothes, because by the end of class she was wearing the sweats under her "pajamas." I know her mom, and I know there is no way she knew how this girl was planning to dress at school. She would have been perfectly at home on a pole in front of a hot, dark room full of sweaty men. In other news...we cancelled the dance!! Yippee!! Now I can leave on Friday and not come back for over a week!!!

No comments: