Friday, February 15, 2008

Talking

So I'm in a meeting today and all we ever do is talk about things that we realistically cannot change, and argue with people who are no longer in touch with the reality that I live with every day in a classroom. I get so frustrated with wasting time that could be used more effectively in my classroom or something. I have been sitting here for an hour and we have decided nothing, talked about nothing that we can actually and effectively change, and have not even truly discussed the actual issues that this particular faculty study group was set up to work on. Three or maybe four people within the group control the conversation and propose solutions that are unrealistic and impossible to achieve with the money we have. ARGH. While I love teaching in a public school and I feel like I am where I belong, I definitely have considered moving to a private school just to bypass all the constant talking and never doing.....

No comments: