Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Hard Things

I had a student from my homeroom come into my classroom about halfway through my prep period today and she basically had a meltdown in my room. Hopefully just a really bad day, but I didn't know what to say. She is having problems with her grades, struggling in science, trying to not get discouraged about school and how far away graduation seems, and in a fight with her parents. Just the usual teenage stuff, but it always seems your own problems are so big and overwhelming that no one has ever had those problems before. I honestly didn't know what to say. I think, and I hope, that she just had a really bad day and needed to vent, but I guess all I can do is pray for her and check on her to make sure she is doing better tomorrow. **Sigh**

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

people give teenagers a hard time but man it's tough to be them. you couldn't pay me to go back to that time in my life.

Christy said...

No kidding, especially since I think the stuff they have to deal with is so much harder than what I had to deal with in high school.