Monday, October 26, 2009

Homecoming Follies

I have been ridiculously absent lately. Ridiculously busy, ridiculously cranky, and ridiculously absent from the things I want to do. Why? Well, it's weird how much grading stacks up when you can't write so now that I can, I have been locked in my house grading papers.

And grading, and grading, and grading, and grading....you get the idea.

Also, last week was homecoming week, which is a week full of Drama and Tears when you are a teenaged girl - which I'm not, but I am their advisor. You can't tell a 16-year-old girl that the fact that the junior class didn't win the class competition is NOT the End Of The World.

When you're 16, it is the end of the world.

There were tears and miscommunications and Drama with a capital D. And I'm glad it's over.

2 comments:

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

oh dear. I feel very lucky to be teaching 4th grade. Very luck. Totally understand about the busy,cranky absent thing. Oh, and next week is grading. Here we go again...!

Melissa B. said...

I made an executive decision today. The last two grades in AP English-a hard-as-heck quiz and an essay-are going on 2nd quarter. I need to do my 1st-quarter grades by Friday, 'cause I'm going out of town. So there!