Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Sometimes You Need a 12 Hour Nap

I work in a festering swamp of diseases. Hospitals have NOTHING on schools...especially high schools. Say what you will about elementary school kids, high school kids touch many more surfaces in the course of their day and are far less sanitary.

And thanks to one of the unsanitary miscreants...I crawled into bed with my best friend Nyquil at 5 pm last night and didn't emerge again until 5:15 this morning.

I would take a day off, but we are in the midst of working on the final project, and because I know my students, I am sure that if I were to take a day off, LIFE AS WE KNOW IT WOULD END. I am feeling a little better, but only thoughts of no school on Monday are carrying me on.

3 comments:

Melissa B. said...

I TOTALLY agree with you about high school kids. That's why I keep TWO-count 'em-bottles of hand sanitizer in my classroom!

Just say Julie said...

I always get sick right after school starts and right after winter break. AT the middle school we've had massive outbreaks of chicken pox and strep. Super fun huh?!

Finding Normal said...

I Lysol wiped like crazy this week, and am still getting a cold.
Hope you're feeling better!