Sunday, November 23, 2008

Aw shucks!

Thanks so much to everyone who stopped by my blog over the last couple of days! So cool! Thanks for your comments and support! You guys are amazing! And...I saw some very cool blogs in return.

On the school front....3 days until Thanksgiving Break..that's right. All you lucky teachers in other states that get 3 or 4 or even 5 full days off of school.....not here. We have a really screwy schedule this week since parent conferences are on Monday, so we have half a day on Monday, as well as a half day on Wednesday. Now keep in mind that since we start so early (7:30) half a day means the kids get out at 10:15. This normally means that we have 20 minute classes on half days - which are kind of pointless. So the powers that be changed things up this time and we now have a schedule which looks like this:

Monday - periods 1, 3, and 5 for 50 minutes apiece
Tuesday - periods 1-6, 50 minutes apiece, regular release time
Wednesday - pereiods 2, 4, and 6 for 50 minutes apiece

I am actually not a huge fan of this schedule, but we will see how it goes. It does mean that I will only have my problematic 6th period two times this week. Speaking of which, the Instigator in that class, the child that was kicked out of his old school at the beginning of the semester and became the most disrespectful and disruptive child I have had in 7 years of teaching, the child that made me so angry I lost my temper more than once, that child moved to California.

I would cheer, but that would be inappropriate.

Now to conquer the rest of them.....I shall be Queen.

4 comments:

Kori said...

The boys are out all week not sure if that means the teachers are too here. Hope the next couple of days just fly by for you. And I seriously think that, that half day schedule is just absurd.

And I don't know how I missed that last post. But I'm sorry.

I know I don't comment often but I do read regularly. Thanks for stopping by today.

Colleen said...

It is kind of like you have two days of school...
I will cheer for you because I know how great it is to have them change classes, let alone states.
I will be thinking about you during my week off. HA!

Unknown said...

I LOVE the picture! Where was it taken?

And your last post had me laughing....you are a great writer!

Momma Chae said...

Oh, go ahead and cheer!