Tuesday, July 15, 2008

ARGH

I really thought that this class would be more about discussing the book and we keep going off on random pointless tangents that have little to no value for me as a teacher. Also, I woke up with a headache.

Here are some random samplings from my notes today:
*"This class makes me feel stupid!"
*"Why are we talking about random crap?"
*"Find some book about Chocolate???"
*several doodles of elephants - the only animals I can draw with any semblance of reality
*an entire page of scribbling

Since there are only 5 people in the class, this might have been more obvious than intended. I have no issue with the incredibly knowledgeable and literate professor, but there is a woman in class that insists on going off on tangents and arguing with the professor. She thinks she knows a lot because she lived in Pakistan. Since we are discussing the Middle East and not South Asia, it's mostly pointless, but that doesn't stop her.

Today's class started with a headache and ended with a larger one, so I took a nap when I got home. It was supposed to be like an hour long and it ended up being 3 hours...so no sleep for me tonight! Oops.

No comments: