Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Sometimes you're good at your job

Every now and then I have a day where everything goes right and I feel like I am actually a successful teacher who has effectively communicated a complex idea to her students, who have actually understood, retained, and most importantly, USED the information! Today was one of those days. Last year in my old district, we were required to do these things called triplets, which is basically a DBQ (Document Based Question), but shorter. I never could get it to work in my old district, but I thought I would give it another shot today. Not only was it successful, but the kids did the second one without help and did the other part of their assignment without me having to give them directions. I was so proud of them!!!!! I love the good days!!!!!

No comments: