Thursday, May 15, 2008

Spring Fever

Oh my gosh, my kids were CRAZY today! It was the first really nice, warm day we've had since October, and they were bouncing off the walls. My classroom doesn't even have any windows to the outside world and it was terrible - I can't imagine how it would be in a classroom with windows where you can see outside! But here's the thing, I understand, but there is a time and a place, and during class is NOT the time or place to be unfocused. I am having an especially hard time with my 4th period. They are rude, disrespectful, whiny, and unbelievably foul-mouthed. Any one of those things is annoying, but all of them combined is nearly intolerable. I have more trouble with that class than all of my other classes put together. I get so frustrated with them, and then I get more frustrated with myself for not knowing what to do. I feel bad because there are about 8 kids in there that are great, intelligent, thoughtful, students who consistently and appropriately participate, but there are about 10 kids who do none of those things. I hate that I can't control them, and at this point I dread seeing them every day.

No comments: