Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Dumb Much

One of the district policies is something called BLIS, which stands for something I don't know, but basically means staff development. So after school today a bunch of us met to talk about this book called Increasting Adolescent Literacy. The book is actually decent, for an educational book (which usually make me want to claw my eyes out), but whenever I meet with other teachers to talk about teaching strategies, it just makes me feel like I am the worst teacher ever. I don't know what I am doing wrong that makes these things less successful in my classroom than other people's classrooms. ARGH. It was pointed out, however, that teachers are basically frustrated actors. We like to be in charge, hear ourselves talk, and tell other people what to do. I have to reluctantly agree with this, and definitely note that it is something I need to work on. Ah well, there's always next year...

No comments: