Thursday, March 6, 2008

grading stinks

I am so far behind on grading it is ridiculous. I have short answer questions to grade from the last quiz, notebooks that were turned in a week ago, and as of tomorrow, about 1oo research papers to grade. ARGH. I absolutely hate grading, and what makes it even worse is the certainty that these research papers, which we have been working on for a week, will be awful. It is as if these kids don't even speak English (which they all do, even if it is their second or third language). The sentence structure is unbelievably bad and things I learned to do in 4th and 5th grade will be done incorrectly. It has gotten to the point where I know that if it is written correctly, they copied it from the internet, but if it wasn't copied it is written so badly that it is almost impossible to understand. It sounds like I am exaggerating, but I am not, which is what is so depressing. Once I grade them I will post some of the more interesting sentences.

No comments: